When you think of tapenade, what comes to mind? Maybe you see images of crusty baguettes and think of sunny days on the French Riviera. If you visit southern France, you will see tapenade nearly everywhere, whether it's in small tubs at the marketplace, stuffed in roasted chicken, or spread over a delicious baguette.
The good news is that you do not have to travel to France to enjoy the wonderful flavor of tapenade. You can keep it in your kitchen and make your own tasty recipes with black olive tapenade. There are many ways to enjoy it along with your everyday dishes.
What is Tapenade Good On?
So, you’ve purchased your black olive tapenade; now what? Even though you could, you’re not going to eat it out of a spoon. There are many creative ways to use it in today’s modern kitchen. It’s quite easy to mix tapenade into your everyday foods and recipes. Here are just a few ideas.
- Add a dollop of the tapenade to avocado toast and sprinkle it with red pepper flakes. Add a boiled or fried egg to create the perfect trio.
- Use it to Dress up a regular bowl of spaghetti. Add just a tiny bit of pasta water to loosen up the black olive tapenade, then top your spaghetti with it. Add a little parmesan and mint or parsley for garnish.
- Create an amazing spread by adding a little bit to mayonnaise. That’ll take your turkey sandwich to the next level.
- Mix tapenade with some softened butter and spread it on grilled sweet corn on the cob. Sprinkle some chives on it and enjoy the yummy delight.
- When you are grilling steaks or fish, smear a rounded spoonful on the top.
- Grab a bag of pita chips! Stir tapenade into your favorite hummus recipe, and enjoy this tasty treat.
- Add it to cucumber salad.
- Swirl it into your favorite bowl of soup.
- Make your own delicious olive vinaigrette by thinning the tapenade with a little olive oil and adding a splash of lemon juice.
What to Make with Black Olive Tapenade
Black olive tapenade is versatile and can be used in a wide variety of recipes. It brings its unique flavor to dishes from appetizers to main dishes, and its use is not limited to any specific cuisine. It compliments and adds flavor and elegance to any dish.
Olive Tapenade and Goat Cheese Crostini
If you want to make a simple recipe that adds an elegant touch, try appetizer recipes with black olive tapenade. Martha Stewart provides this hors d’oeuvres recipe that only takes a few minutes to toss together.
Burrata Crostini with Kalamata Olive Tapenade
You can save time when making this Burrata Crostini recipe by using premade black olive tapenade from Arlotta Food Studio.
Very French Tomato Salad with Olive Tapenade
Photo Credit: Recipe Tin Eats
There are many good reasons for keeping tapenade on hand; one of them is this quick-to-make tomato salad. It will literally take you about 15 minutes to make this delicious salad.
Pasta With Olive Tapenade
Jenni shares another delicious way to use black olive tapenade to spruce up a simple pasta dish. This dish can be made with or without meat and only takes about half an hour to create.
Mediterranean Turkey Sandwich
Photo Credit: Two Purple Figs
If you need something that you can create in just a few minutes, but tastes zesty and full of life, try this Mediterranean turkey sandwich recipe. It’s an easy last-minute dinner or a fun Saturday afternoon filler.
Baked Cod with Tapenade and Warm Tomato Salad
Photo Credit: Mutt & Chops
For a tasty fish dinner, everyone will love, try this baked cod with tapenade main course. Add a couple of sides, and you’ve got a healthy option in as little as 20 minutes.
Olive and Rosemary Crown
Photo Courtesy: BBC
If you want something a little more involved but a lot of fun to create, try this Olive and Rosemary Crown recipe.
Are you ready to experiment with the wonderful flavors of black olive tapenade from Arlotta Food Studio?